Director of Fitness, Recreational Sports, and Wellness
Molly is a graduate of George Mason University, with a degree in Recreation, Health, and Tourism. She joined Catholic University in 2016 as the Coordinator of Fitness, Recreational Sports and Wellness, and became the Director of Fitness, Recreational Sports and Wellness in 2019.
Prior to Catholic, McManamon worked for D.C. United, of Major League Soccer, as the Operations Coordinator for four years, where she worked with visiting teams, tv production, facilities, and event management to facilitate game day experiences.
McManamon graduated with a Masters degree in Management and Leadership from Catholic University in December 2019.
McManamon and her chocolate lab, Clark live in Washington, D.C and can be found running on the National Mall, or cozied up with a good book.
Assistant Director of Fitness, Recreational Sports & Wellness
Jess was born and raised in Maryland, naturally making her a graduate from the University of Maryland, College Park where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology in 2017. She started her career in campus recreation at Catholic University in October 2019 as the Coordinator of Fitness, Recreational Sports and Wellness and became the Assistant Director in April 2020.
Before starting at Catholic University, Jess worked as an Assistant Athletic Director and Summer Camp Director for a youth-sport organization, Koa Sports. In addition, she worked for Volo City, a nation-wide adult sport-social organization, as an Operations Manager for the D.C. office where she managed part-time employees, facilitated recreational leagues, and coordinated player communication.
Jess is currently pursuing a Masters in Management and Leadership degree from Catholic and lives in Arlington, VA with her chocolate lab pup, Dutch!
Student Employment Opportunities
The Fitness and Recreation department is continuously accepting applications for dynamic, outgoing, and motivated individuals for on-campus student staff positions in the Kane Fitness Cetner, intramural sport programs, and ESports Lounge. Please note positions are limited for the Spring 2021 semester.
Please see below for position job descriptions and email email@example.com for questions.
Kane Fitness Center
Front Desk Assistant
Kane Fitness Center Assistants should have time management skills, friendly disposition, and have an interest for health, wellness, and fitness. Front Desk are responsible for the following duties.
- Front desk administrative assignments (check-in, equipment rentals, event info, etc).
- Greeting and ushering all students into the facility
- Maintain a healthy and clean work out environment, including new COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
- Assist in programming events such as fitness classes, Cardinal Adventures, and recreation events.
Group Fitness Instructor
The ideal Group Fitness Instructor thrives in a fast paced environment and is committed to health and fitness. Certifications are required for this position.
- Instruct groups of individuals in group fitness classes
- Offer support to help clients achieve their fitness goals through safe, fun group classes
- Demonstrate proper form and technique
- Develop and implement classes and playlists to keep students engaged and interested
As a Kane Personal Trainer, you will be responsible for offering customized personal training sessions to help clients reach their fitness goals. You will do this by doing the following. Certifications are required for this position.
- Adding your session availability to the Fitness & Rec PT Google Calendar
- Customize personal training sessions based on the client’s needs/goals
- Treat all clients with respect and communicate with them in an efficient manner
- Ensure all students are using equipment and machine properly, and are not at risk for endangering their own safety, or the safety of others
As a referee, you will be responsible for providing a safe, consistent, and enjoyable atmosphere during all intramural competitions. You will do this by doing the following.
- Enforcing the rules of the game consistently across all matches and teams
- Start games on time, and concluding on time to the best of your abilities
- Treat all students with respect and communicate with them in an efficient manner
- Ensure all students are not at risk for endangering their own safety, or the safety of others
Intramural Supervisors serve as the on-site point of contact for intramural programs. The ideal candidate has leadership qualities and works well in a team setting. This individual will manage intramural sports by overseeing the following.
- Manage and support referees during games to ensure consistent refereeing
- Obtain knowledge of all league rules
- Serve as the contact person for any emergencies or misconduct issues
- Maintain game schedule start time accuracy for efficient game management
- Submit part-time referee timesheets to Assistant Director of Fitness & Recreation
- Report all match scores and complete incident reporting documents
- Oversee field set-up, breakdown, equipment storage
ESports Lounge Assistant
As an Esports lounge assistant, you will be responsible for maintaining a clean, orderly, friendly, and safe environment for all patrons using the space. You will do this by doing the following.
- Complete all opening or closing tasks; Greet all patrons as they enter the space
- Ensure all students are using equipment and machines properly, and are not at risk for endangering their own safety, or the safety of others
- Keep food and drink away from the computers and other gaming equipment
- Track all gaming equipment in use to ensure we manage inventory in the lounge at all times; Log any technical issues with equipment